Newsletter 2012 – Issue 2
On 9th October 2012, the President of the Maltese-Serbian Community (MSC) Dr. Predrag
Andrejević travelled to Rome to represent the MSC at a reception in honour of the President of the
Republic of Serbia, Mr. Tomislav Nikolić.
Dr. Andrejević met with the President and presented him with symbolic gift and best wishes on
behalf of the Maltese-Serbian population.
Dr. Andrejević also discussed the salient issues that concern the Maltese-Serbian people in
Malta with the Serbian Consul in Italy, Ms. Dragana Ljubojević.
The issues that were discussed were:
- Double taxation and pensions for Serbian nationals.
- Cheaper air fares from Serbia to Malta with JAT.
- Consular Days to be held in Malta.
- Assistance in organizing sponsored flights and accommodation for our Parish Priest while on official duty in Malta.
- Organisation and celebration of the Statehood Day of the Republic of Serbia in Malta.
Ambassador Hrustanović and Ms. Ljubojević expressed their will to deal with these issues in the
near future and bring them up with their Maltese counterparts.
Dr. Andrejević presents two books about Malta to President Nikolić and Ambassador Hrustanović